Board of Trustees
Mercer University is governed by a 45-member Board of Trustees, which has responsibility for overall policy-making for the University. The Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws of the Corporation of Mercer University clearly define the powers, duties, and responsibilities of the Board of Trustees. The Board is responsible for establishing broad institutional goals and for securing the resources to support the University’s programs. The Board of Trustees fulfills its responsibilities through eight standing committees – Audit; Development; Educational Policy; Executive; Finance, Investment and Property; University Athletics; University Marketing Committee; and University Honors – and through established procedures to ensure that it is adequately informed about the programs and general condition of the University.
The Board of Trustees has adopted a Conflict of Interest Policy for Trustees, Officers, and Key Employees that is intended to serve as guidance for all persons employed by the University in positions of significant responsibility.
Questions concerning the Board of Trustees should be directed to the Office of General Counsel and Secretary of the Corporation.
Board of Trustees 乐乐棋牌
- Cathy Callaway Adams, Board Chair, TIFT ’81
- Curtis G. Anderson
- William H. Anderson II, CLA ’59
- Barbara Baugh
- G. Holmes Bell IV, EGR ’01
- Thomas P. Bishop, CLA ’82, LAW ’85
- Carolyn McAfee Bruner, HON ’99
- Malcolm S. Burgess Jr.
- Charles L. Cantrell III
- Milton L. Cruz, CLA ’82
- Heather Darden, CLA ’98
- Dwight J. Davis, LAW ’82
- The Hon. Nathan Deal, CLA ’64, LAW ’66
- The Hon. Sara L. Doyle, LAW ’94
- James C. Elder Jr., CLA ’77
- Gene Gabbard
- Nancy A. Grace, CLA ’81, LAW ’84
- Benjamin W. Griffith III, CLA ’77
- Robert F. Hatcher
- Dr. Kevin Head
- Dr. James N. Hollingsworth Jr., CLA ’84, DIV ’08
- Genelle Jennings
- Dr. Stanley D. Jones, CLA ’92, MED ’96
- Dr. Shaun King, DIV ’18
- J. Curtis Lewis III
- David E. Linch, BUSM ’80
- A. Rabun Matthews III, CLA, ’61
- J. Thomas McAfee III, BUS ’00
- The Hon. M. Yvette Miller, CLA ’77, LAW ’80
- Jackie Baugh Moore
- The Hon. M. Cindy Morris, CLA ’80, LAW ’84
- William A. Moye, Chair of Board’s Executive Committee, PHA ’73
- J. Reg Murphy, CLA ’55, HON ’75
- M. Diane Owens, CLA ’77, LAW ’80
- W. Carl Reynolds, CLA ’64, LAW ’66
- Dr. Joe Sam Robinson Jr.
- Pete Robinson, LAW ‘80
- Richard A. Schneider, LAW ’81
- Chris R. Sheridan Jr.
- Barbara Brown Taylor
- James W. Thomas Jr., CLA ’93
- The Hon. Marc Treadwell, LAW ’81
- William Bradley Turner Jr.
- Raymond M. Warren III, CLA ‘86
- Jerry S. Wilson, MBA ‘86
- William D. Underwood, Ex Officio, voting
- President Jimmy Carter
- The Hon. W. 乐乐棋牌r Drake Jr., CLA ’54, LAW ’56
- Dr. Spencer B. King III, CLA ‘59
Life Trustees In Memoriam
- Griffin B. Bell, LAW ’48, HON ’67
- Thomas B. Black
- William A. Bootle, CLA ’24, LAW ’25, HON ’82
- Tom Watson Brown
- James H. Cowart
- Remer H. Crum, HON ’01
- Frank Jordan
- Gerald Saunders, HON ’87
- Robert L. Steed, CLA ’58, LAW ’61, HON ’79
- Jackson P. Turner Jr.