The Mercer Innovation Fellowship
Turn your idea into a business with the support of the Mercer Innovation Center. Perks include up to $20,000 in start-up funds, access to student interns, university facilities, office space, housing stipend, a dedicated advisory board and investors. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Mercer Innovation Center Announces Fourth Class of Fellows, Companies-In-ResidenceAugust 22, 2019
Mercer Innovation Center (MIC) today announced its fourth class of fellows – four new businesses that will launch with funding and…Read More
Mercer Innovation Center Receives Partner In Progress Award from NewTown MaconNovember 20, 2018
MACON – Mercer Innovation Center was named by NewTown Macon as one of its 2018 Partners in Progress. Each year, NewTown Macon…Read More
Mercer Innovations Center Announces Third Class of Fellows, Companies-In-ResidenceAugust 21, 2018
MACON – Mercer Innovation Center (MIC) today announced its third class of fellows – three new businesses that will launch with funding…Read More
The Center’s Mission
Inspiring a culture of entrepreneurship among Mercer students and faculty while fueling a thriving startup ecosystem in the Middle Georgia region.
Features of the Center
乐乐棋牌 to Mercer Students, Faculty and Staff
- All current Mercer students, faculty, and staff may attend all events and programs associated with community membership at no cost.
- A limited number of Plus services (desk/portable office and coaching/mentoring services) will be available. Recipients will be determined through an application to the Center.
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy, an after-school program designed by the Kauffman Foundation, offers local high school students business skills and coaching on how to start a business. The program is offered in over 100 cities in the U.S., and will be offered jointly with the Greater Macon Chamber of Commerce at Mercer University’s Macon campus. All children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews of Mercer University faculty, staff and alumni receive a $50 tuition discount.
- Mercer Innovative Problem Solvers (MIPS) are interdisciplinary teams created to serve the business community. Mercer offers a series of for-credit courses that enable students to work directly with companies to develop innovative approaches to reach and sell to millennials.
- Downtown Macon office space may also be available for “graduates” of the center.
- Office space in Atlanta Tech Village is available to entrepreneurs on an application basis. A separate contract detailing the expectations for those receiving access to Mercer space in the ATV will be developed. At a minimum, the ATV tenants will be expected to hire Mercer students as paid interns.